“Thinking Organic and Medicinal Chemistry in an inspiring atmosphere”
The Organic and Medicinal Chemistry divisions of the Portuguese Chemical Society (SPQ) are honoured to invite you to participate in their joint meeting next December (1st – 3rd) in Porto, Portugal. For the first time under the auspices of SPQ, the competences of these two important fields of Chemistry are brought together into a single event, to highlight complementarities and to promote new synergies.
The Scientific Committee has put high expectations on the excellence of the scientific program, which includes plenary/keynote lectures from renowned scientists whose work has been an inspiration for researchers in Organic and Medicinal Chemistry. Oral communications will focus on topics from the following main research fields:
- Organic Synthesis / Síntese Orgânica
- Spectroscopic Methods (in Organic Chemistry) / Métodos Espectroscópicos (em QO)
- Organic Natural Compounds / Compostos Orgânicos Naturais
- Drug Metabolism and Disposition / Metabolismo e Biodisponibilidade de Fármacos
- Beyond Small Molecules / Para Além das Pequenas Moléculas
- Computational Methods and Drug Design / Métodos Computacionais e Conceção de Fármacos
- Antitumor and Anti-infective Drugs / Fármacos Antitumorais e Anti-infeciosos
- Industrial Applications / Aplicações Industriais
This meeting is expected to bring together researchers with different expertise and perspectives, from senior to young scientists, to discuss and share their latest achievements in a stimulating environment, taking advantage of the inspiring atmosphere of “Teatro Municipal do Campo Alegre”, a theatre that is a cultural landmark of Porto.
We warmly invite you to come and enjoy the meeting and our beautiful city!